If this page does not answer your question, please contact us at:
At any time: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday to Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.: (514) 521-2116, ext. 229
We will respond as soon as possible. Please note that a 48 – 72 hour delay applies on weekends.
You must be registered and connected to the site in order to view videos in their entirety and to access certain textual content. Registration to Vithèque is free for individual and professionals. See Set up your account or log in.
Vithèque offers three types of membership:
This free membership type allows you to:
- View a selection of more than 50 videos free of charge
- View free programmes that are renewed every three months
- Rent (stream) or buy (download) titles from the menu
Audiovisual Professionals (curators, programmers and buyers)
This free membership type offers:
- Free streaming of all videos listed on the site.
Please note that professional status is subject to verification.
Institutions (universities, CEGEPs and libraries)
This membership type is subject to an annual fee. It offers:
- Free streaming of all videos listed on the site for users who are registered with the institution
- Access to all textual content
- MARC records for all works
There are several ways to explore the collection of videos and publications:
- Use the simple or advanced search engine by entering an artist’s name, a title or a keyword, or a combination of criteria
- View programmes put together by specialists according to a theme, an artist, or a period
- Browse new releases, lists by category (video art, animation, documentary, etc), index of artists and titles.
You can organize and manage your search results according to your needs:
- Watch videos immediately or add them to your selections using the button +
- Sort your results in alphabetical order according to title or author or by year
- Export your search results in pdf format
- Choose a grid or list format to navigate your search results
Streaming or downloading videos may be free of charge or might require a fee, depending on your individual or professional status and the artists’ preferences. The availability of the work in your country and prices for online viewing and downloading (if applicable) are indicated on each video’s webpage. Prices vary from 4 to 16$ (plus tax), depending on the length of the video and the VoD market.
You can make individual purchases or group multiple videos in your selection (basket). Payment is made by credit card via Stripe, a secure, user-friendly online payment module.
Videos will be downloaded in H264 format, which is supported by the majority of media players. Should you encounter any problems, we suggest you use the free VLC media player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
You can share your discoveries and best picks on social media and follow us to keep up-to-date with latest news and events.
All works and texts published on Vithèque are protected under Canada’s Copyright Act. They are intended to be accessed for strictly personal and private use. Please respect the authors’ and artists’ work and their right to fair remuneration! For all public screenings, acquisitions, or to reuse a work in any context, please contact us at: email@example.com