idle (comparative more idle, superlative most idle)
1. (obsolete) Empty, vacant.
2. Not being used appropriately; not occupied; (of time) with no, no important, or not much activity.
My computer hibernates after it has been idle for 30 minutes.
3. Not engaged in any occupation or employment; unemployed; inactive; doing nothing in particular.
4. Averse to work, labor or employment; lazy; slothful.
an idle fellow
5. Of no importance; useless; worthless; vain; trifling; thoughtless; silly.
an idle story; idle talk; idle rumor
6. (obsolete) Light-headed; foolish.